Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X370 Gaming Pro Carbon w/ G.Skill F4-3600C15-16GTZ Timings and Speed  (Read 491 times)

dandrews1492Topic starter

• CORPORAL

Hello all. I am running the X370 Gaming Pro Carbon with the above RAM at 2933 and 14-12-12-32 for timings. A-XMP is on and I am overclocking the processor @ 3.9Ghz. I have tried everything to get this ram to run at 3200 but it just will not do it. I even had chew helping me but it will not go 3200. This RAM IS on the QVL and it says 3200 supported. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. On a side note, I am very disappointed that X370 owners did not get a BIOS update yesterday and from what I have read in the forums there is no information on if/when the next update will be. If a moderator could please pass it up the chain that we really deserve more information than what we have received so far that would be appreciated as well. If I went to work everyday and every time my boss asked me for an update on my progress I replied "be patient it will be ready when I get done with it".........you know what his response would be. I'm not bashing anyone just asking to be a bit more in the loop on progress from the company I have invested my money in.

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: 12-April-17, 20:19:35 »

Hi

Sadly we have not been given any ETA. But as I checked FTP, there appears to be more and more BETA versions appearing for different boards. I can only assume it will be this/next week for official release. Otherwise you should ask MSI, as we have as much information about it as you do: >>How to contact MSI.<<
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 12-April-17, 22:35:27 »

If I went to work everyday and every time my boss asked me for an update on my progress I replied "be patient it will be ready when I get done with it".........you know what his response would be. I'm not bashing anyone just asking to be a bit more in the loop on progress from the company I have invested my money in.

I really wish we could do more to help. But unfortunately, our 'boss' has said to not post any BETA BIOS's for AM4 at this time. Yes, there are new BETA BIOS's, but we are not allowed to post them. Posting them would pretty much mean we would be removed as moderators. And while you might get 1 update, then you might not get any further BIOS updates via the forums then. The loss is much bigger than the gain.
Understand that we are doing all we can to have it happen sooner. Emails daily between moderators and MSI employees. DAILY. 

I really do understand your plight, and how unhappy you are about it, and I agree this is getting a bit ridiculous. But in all honesty, MANY here are tired of hearing it, seeing posts complaining about it, bashing MSI, etc.... It doesn't benefit anyone. Not a single person. It only further frustrates both the users and moderators.

I really implore you to contact MSI directly about it. The more users that contact them, the more pressure that is put on them to release it. See : >>How to contact MSI.<<
You may not think it helps, but it does. In many cases it does push problems to get fixed, or new software to get released sooner, because it's a very apparent issue with many users.
System #1 :
MSI Z97 SLI Plus
Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5 GHz @ 1.28VCore
16 GB DDR3 @ 2400 MHz
480 GB Intel DC S3500
2TB WD Black Edition
2TB Seagate HDD
MSI GTX1080 Armor Edition
Asus Xonar XTX

System #2 :
MSI B350 Gaming Plus
Ryzen 5 1500 X (stock speeds for now)
16 GB DDR4 @ 2400 MHz (Adata memory)
128 GB PNY SSD
320 GB Seagate HDD
MSI R9 280X

System #3 : 
MSI Z270 Tomahawk Arctic
Intel i5 7400T
128 GB PNY SSD
2TB Seagate HDD

not4us

• CORPORAL
« Reply #3 on: 13-April-17, 01:16:56 »

I totally understand MSI and the moderator's position here and it's good to finally get some news about the BIOSes fr the x370 boards.
I'm relieved to know that there are internal beta BIOSes being worked on and that can only mean that when it finally gets released it will have gone through proper QA.
Don't understand all the blaming and finger pointing in other threads. It's a new  board, new chipset, new technology and things like this are expected to happen.
AMD Ryzen 7 1700, MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 , Gigabyte GTX 1070 WindForce OC, Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe, Seagate 2TB Barracuda ST2000DM001, Corsair RM750X, Corsair H100i v2, NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair K70 LUX RGB, Corsair M65 PRO RGB, ViewSonic VX3209-2K, Windows 10 Pro x64 

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 13-April-17, 02:35:02 »

I totally understand MSI and the moderator's position here and it's good to finally get some news about the BIOSes fr the x370 boards.
I'm relieved to know that there are internal beta BIOSes being worked on and that can only mean that when it finally gets released it will have gone through proper QA.
Don't understand all the blaming and finger pointing in other threads. It's a new  board, new chipset, new technology and things like this are expected to happen.

Most people aren't understanding of the issues....they just want instant gratification. 
It's a sad state, because that's just how people are 'taught' to be now.

Being an engineer, and someone who has to understand EVERYTHING about products and how things work....it's much easier for me to see that.

Personally, I just don't understand why people complain, come here and harass other users or moderators, but then never contact MSI at all. Very counterproductive overall. Especially when we are trying to help as much as we can.
System #1 :
MSI Z97 SLI Plus
Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5 GHz @ 1.28VCore
16 GB DDR3 @ 2400 MHz
480 GB Intel DC S3500
2TB WD Black Edition
2TB Seagate HDD
MSI GTX1080 Armor Edition
Asus Xonar XTX

System #2 :
MSI B350 Gaming Plus
Ryzen 5 1500 X (stock speeds for now)
128 GB PNY SSD
320 GB Seagate HDD
MSI R9 280X

System #3 : 
MSI Z270 Tomahawk Arctic
Intel i5 7400T
128 GB PNY SSD
2TB Seagate HDD

• CORPORAL
« Reply #5 on: 13-April-17, 03:39:30 »

Thanks for the information folks. I think that is all most of us want is a little bit of insight as to the progress being made.  What I would REALLY like is for someone to come in and say "Hey, I have the same RAM and mobo as you and here is what I did to get it to run at 3200". I should probably be happy with the current speed but like most men I want it to go faster and higher than it should. I have searched forums across the globe and I can't seem to find anyone with the same combination so if ANYONE has the same setup please reply. Thanks again.

tikitdo+msi

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 13-April-17, 18:42:55 »

In all honesty, the biggest issue is that it's a matter of competition, and public facing visuals. MSI is not alone in the market, and from what I have seen the competitors have been much more involved in customer communication, and managing expectations. This is a fairly important part of western corporate culture, especially when dealing with fairly pricey hardware.

I mean don't get me wrong, I the complexity of what is being done. I worked for AMD as an engineer a few years ago, so I have at least a cursory understanding of the various systems involved. However, you really do need that sort of understanding of the architecture to understand why rushing out to a release can be a bad thing. 

The drama here is not a result of technical challenges, but more an issue of group psychology. Simply put, MSI has been very, very quiet on the reasons for the wait time, leaving most of the communication to a few (unofficial?) moderators. Something they could have done is daily or even weekly updates though some sort of official channels. Maybe some sort of dev diary, or even just a few official PR messages in stickies could have gone a long way; just something to give the impression that there is progress being made. Instead what's been happening is a bunch of stressed out moderators have been telling an ever more annoyed public to be patient in the absence of any official (English language) news. Hell, between all the mod posts there's enough info floating around the various mod posts to get a fairly complete picture, but there isn't so much as a single resource to link that can calm people down.

There's light on the horizon though. For all the complaining, people are going to calm down pretty quickly once a new bios does come out.

drkCrix

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #7 on: 13-April-17, 19:37:15 »

Hey dandrews,

Have you tried setting things manually instead of using the A-XMP profile? 

From what i have been reading since I put this system together it seems to be (as mods have stated) that its all down to IMC lottery.

My settings that are working with my x370 Carbon and ram (F4-3600C16-16GTZ) are (and manually set);

CPU voltage: 1.375v
NB Voltage (SoC): 1.1v
Ram Voltage: 1.35
Timings: 14-14-14-36 (CPUID shows 14-14-14-36-75-1) (Ram is in slot A2 and B2)

I know of chews reputation so I am sure he has tried all of those settings with you, but I thought I would offer my settings to see if they would work

• CORPORAL
« Reply #8 on: 15-April-17, 00:01:46 »

Before the update I could only get it to run at 2933 with xmp on. It looks like the update has changed the way xmp works so I have had to  turn it off to get it up to 2933. I also had to relax the timings a bit(14-14-14-49-69-1). If I try to take the cl below that I'm resetting CMOS. The only option I think that is left to get the RAM to run at 3200 is to ramp up the voltage above 1.4v and I am not sure if that is a good idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up