Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (Guild) How To Install Windows 10 On GX60 1AC  (Read 1728 times)

ThatOneNameTopic starter

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • Twitter
(Guild) How To Install Windows 10 On GX60 1AC
« on: 17-October-18, 16:04:31 »

Hi, I'm ThatOneName. Today we're going to be looking at a guild! It's all about installing windows 10 on a GX60 1AC. This guild will include most common questions and answers, links to download files, a complete how-to instruction set found here.

++ I do not recommend this for an average user. Please be careful and follow through and know what you're doing. I am not responsible for broken laptops or operating systems, files etc. Do this at your own risk.

As I personally had this question. I've been looking all over the internet for this answer hoping to find a valid reason if it would work. Sadly I didn't find the results. So I deiced to come up with my own guild to do it!

If you're looking for a straight answer than well it's complicated. A little bit it's No and Yes. It can be upgraded to even the latest windows 1809 update without any problems. But to get to that your gonna have to follow these instructions below.

Earlier when I first created my MSI account I create a support forum that explained that this laptop can't be upgraded to windows 10. But things are different now. I consider my self a computer geek when it comes to fixing computers. I work on the inside and inside the operating system to improve the performance and stability of desktops and laptops. So this didn't take long to get it working. 

So Let's Get Started!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First: Before you do anything go to windows update and smash that "Check for updates" button so you get the latest version and drivers before you proceed on.
_____
--Second: You gonna see some wired things like errors when you windows finish the update from any window version you're currently on. I'll explain the most I can and give you instructions to solve them.
_____
--Graphics Card: When you first log on windows is gonna give a message something like this "AMD Catalyst Control Center Doesn't Work So The Program Was Removed"
  Solution? Yup sure is! Just fellow below.
1: Install the AMD uninstall unity from here. To remove all the drivers for your GPU and other AMD related drivers and software. Once you restarted your laptop go onto the next step.
Link: AMD Uninstall Unity
2: Now time for the drivers and software. I made two videos on how to do this on a thread somewhere else. watch the two videos first then download and run the application. These two videos also contain a step by step procedure to switch the default graphics card run by an application or game.  
Video 1: Part 1
Video 2: Part 2
Link: Link To Auto Driver Install Unity
^^^^^ PLEASE READ! To download the latest unity version. Click on the link right above this line and scroll down to the very bottom. There you will find a "DOWNLOAD NOW" Button. Click it and download the application and run it AFTER watching the two videos posted above. Tada! If you have any questions post them below.
_____
Killer Network Drivers: Go to this link. When you scroll down there will be four boxes find the one that says "Killer Software Package - for Windows 10 1803+" Your gonna want to download this one. Simply click the download button and run the application!
Link: Link To Killer Lan Website
_____
Audio Driver: Click the link scroll down till you find "Audio" download and run it.
Link: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GX60-1AC#down-driver&Win8%2064
_____
Touchpad: Same goes for the Audio instructions. Instead of clicking "Audio" click "Touchpad" instead.
Link: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GX60-1AC#down-driver&Win8%2064
_____
Wireless: Windows update should fix this. Just hit that "Check For Updates" Button in the settings menu.
--_READ BELOW PLEASE_--

---------------------------------------------------------------Now Time For The Questions---------------------------------------------------------------
My S-Bar isn't working!
Don't worry. Just click the link. Click "Windows 10" from the drop-down menu that says "Please Select your operating system first:" Than scroll down until you find "System Control Manager (SCM)" Download it and run the application!
Link: SCM
_____
I Got Windows (7) (8) (8.1) Can I Still Upgrade?
Yes, you can! Just follow the guild above.
_____
I've Heard That Windows 10 Update 1809 Is Causing People Laptops To Slow Down Is This True For This Laptop?
No, I have experienced NO slowdown for this laptop. Or high GPU CPU usages.
_____
Are You Not Supposed To Use Other SCM From Other Laptops?
That's correct, but I've talked to a lot of people and asked on different forums and tried this one out for myself. It works without a flaw. It detected my system and works perfectly.
_____
READ ---> Windows Update! Windows will most likely try to update your audio, graphics and other drivers that should be left alone. That is why I have talked to Microsoft directly. They said they have a program that can stop windows from downloading and installing updates. BEFORE you EVER go into windows settings and click "Check for updates." Run this application and go through to steps. The process will be posted below in a link as well as the program to run. DO THIS before you every run windows update and hide updates related to Graphics cards and audio. 
Link: Click Here For Directions
Link: Click Here To Download Program
_____

----------That's It, Folks! -- If you have any questions or concerns please comment below. Thank You! 8-)) ----------
Note: After a few days I will be unable to edit this guild please message me directly or post it here for links, help, questions, and other problems 
ThatOneName
+++++
My Guilds! 
- How To Install Windows 10 On GX60 1AC -- https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=310150.0

sliderfra

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Re: (Guild) How To Install Windows 10 On GX60 1AC
« Reply #1 on: 04-May-19, 12:48:32 »

Hi,
Honestly I don't understand your first video, as it seems that you have previous drivers installed on your laptop and you don't mention it anywhere...
I found a youtube video that explains how to install windows 10 drivers for MSI Gx60/70.
Suprisingly it works nice for my gx60 with 7970m but it does not on my gx70 with R9 m290x (BSOD as soon as GPU kicks in).
Can you be of some help mate?
Thanks a lot

ThatOneNameTopic starter

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 16-August-19, 23:46:25 »

Hey, sliderfra!

Please forgive me I rarely check on my MSI forum page that much anymore. I sold my GX60 a very long while back 1 year ago for around $300 US. And never got around to look back on my forum notifications. Anyway ill try to help you.

These drivers I posted above are JUST for the GX60 1AC. But I think I can help you.

Go to the AMD drivers link and then scroll all the way down.
On the bottom left you will see "Auto-Detect and Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows©."
Click "DOWNLOAD NOW."
Save and run the program.
After that click and watch this video again. "https://vimeo.com/289788120" following the same routine. If it still doesn't work try the steps below.
------
Try updating your BIOS.
------
Try updating your firmware. You should be able to find this download information in your "Support" tab for your laptop.
------
If it still doesn't work them go into your "Driver" tab below "Support" tab and find the driver for the GPU there.
------
Also just a quick question you do not have to answer. Why do you still have a GX60 AND a GX70? You can get a pretty nice modern gaming laptop for around $600 US. But if you got them for free then I maybe can see why you're still keeping them.
ThatOneName
+++++
My Guilds! 
- How To Install Windows 10 On GX60 1AC -- https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=310150.0

ThatOneNameTopic starter

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 17-August-19, 00:00:57 »

!!EVERYONE!! 

I have not tested this system with Windows 10 update 1903
But I am pretty positive that it will still work with this system 
MAKE SURE: Before you upgrade to make a restore point just in case anything goes horribly wrong. 
ThatOneName
+++++
My Guilds! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up