Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This is a User-to-User community forum run by MSI users for MSI users. If you need to contact MSI directly see: How to contact MSI

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to clear the CMOS  (Read 240503 times)

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
How to clear the CMOS
« on: 19-October-03, 00:41:59 »

Here are is the basic procedure to clearing your CMOS.

It is important to understand that clearing the CMOS will:
-Restore BIOS's default settings.

It is important to understand that clearing the CMOS will not:
-Restore the original BIOS code (will not revert back to the original bios version).

* Old CMOS clearing method *

Step 1:
Disconnect the main AC power by either shutting off the power button on the back of your power supply or simply pulling out the power cable.

Step2:
Wait a minute to be sure all the capacitors and coils have discharged.
To be really safe you can press the power button which will drain the capacitors for sure.

Step3:
Move the CMOS jumper to the clear position, this is usually done on MSI boards by moving JBAT1 from it's original 1-2 position to 2-3 position as demonstrated in the photo below.
If you are not sure or have a non MSI board you must find the correct jumper in your motherboard manual.

*Note to all nForce2 users, your board usually has a special "safe mode" jumper for the FSB. You should also set it to the safe setting in case you have been overclocking since the normal clear CMOS jumper will not reset the frequency settings on these boards. You may refer to your user manual.

Step4:
Wait a minute to be sure the CMOS has been cleared.

Step 5:
Return the CMOS jumper to it's original position.

Step6:
Restore power to the system.

* New CMOS clearing method *

Step 1:
Disconnect the main AC power by either shutting off the power button on the back of your power supply or simply pulling out the power cable.

Step2:
Wait a minute to be sure all the capacitors and coils have discharged.
To be really safe you can press the power button which will drain the capacitors for sure.

Step3:
Press the clear CMOS button on the back of the I/O panel.

Step4:
Wait a minute to be sure the CMOS has been cleared.

Note: It is also recommended to remove CMOS battery to ensure 100% CMOS clear on Big Bang X & Intel 6x Sandy Bridge MB's. If date/time do not revert to original time of MB manufacture then you didn't get a complete clear CMOS.

Step5:
Restore power to the system.
« Last Edit: 23-October-11, 06:26:28 by Henry »

penllyn

RE: How to clear the CMOS
« Reply #1 on: 05-December-03, 14:31:31 »

Many thanks. Will try this tonight. Let you know how I get on!

SantaClaw

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 08-December-03, 13:57:57 »

:idea:

Also I wold like to add, on the K7N2 Delta, resetting the bios will NOT reset the bus/fsb to default, so if you were unfortunate like me, and overclocked the FSB to high, and the computer refuses to boot, you need to move another jumper, that enables the motherboard's  "Safe Mode" :-D).

I belived that my mother board was broken/faulty and was about to RMA it, since I coldnt find a reffrence to this jumper in the manual that shipped out with my board  :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:..

After three long days with a dead motherboard, I had done just about everything i could think off..

I only found the solution by chanse when I read a Review of the mother board....

Iv'e later seen others here on the forum with the same problem.

Some actually RAM'ed their motherboard....

This is the J10jumper, wich wil set the fsb to 100 mgz when in safe mode.. short pins 2-3 and "user settings"(default) if you short pins 1-2.

The "safe mode" jumper is placed just behind the USB connectors on the mother board.

sportster00

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 17-December-03, 08:14:25 »

Hello,

i have a suggestion to add to your guidelines for clearing CMOS.
Usually after i update my bios, i would go into bios setup and enable 'clear nvram'
option, it work for me. I wonder if anyone notice this option ?

Birch

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 14-April-04, 09:00:35 »

Why would one want to clear their CMOS?

I was thinking of doing it because I wanted to reset my BIOS back to the factory settings.  But it doesn't work that way (so I read from above).

bluearchtop

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 14-April-04, 16:33:33 »

Is there a J10 Safe Mode jumpter on the Neo2 865PE?

Wonkanoby

• Lightning
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 14-April-04, 16:36:00 »

P5Q Deluxe
Intel QX 6700
4GB OCZ
60 GB Vertex drive
ATI 5850

bluearchtop

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 14-April-04, 16:46:12 »

OK, then I am really stuck here. I can't get into my BIOS. Am certain I have cleared CMOS (i know because before I had the MSI log off, and now it is ON).

See thread http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?sid=&postid=290673#post290673

Do you have any insight for me?

Gr8DrunkOne

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 09-December-04, 02:36:33 »

Just wanted to say thanks for the help given in this post - it worked great for my problem.

Thanks!

kstatix

Re: How to clear the CMOS
« Reply #9 on: 17-May-05, 01:44:30 »

Also I wold like to add, on the K7N2 Delta, resetting the bios will NOT reset the bus/fsb to default, so if you were unfortunate like me, and overclocked the FSB to high, and the computer refuses to boot, you need to move another jumper, that enables the motherboard's  "Safe Mode" .

I belived that my mother board was broken/faulty and was about to RMA it, since I coldnt find a reffrence to this jumper in the manual that shipped out with my board    ..

After three long days with a dead motherboard, I had done just about everything i could think off..

I only found the solution by chanse when I read a Review of the mother board....

Iv'e later seen others here on the forum with the same problem.

Some actually RAM'ed their motherboard....

This is the J10jumper, wich wil set the fsb to 100 mgz when in safe mode.. short pins 2-3 and "user settings"(default) if you short pins 1-2.

The "safe mode" jumper is placed just behind the USB connectors on the mother board.

I'm not quite sure what you mean?  I'm having a problem clearing my CMOS.

I recently replaced my video card and RAM and when I booted up, the monitor wouldn't receive any signal...I currently cannot access my BIOS to make any necessary changes and I wouldn't know what to change anyway.

I've tried numerous times to clear the CMOS and I still can't get the monitor to turn on.

start

« Reply #10 on: 05-July-05, 10:05:00 »

I'm not quite sure what you mean? I'm having a problem clearing my CMOS.

I recently replaced my video card and RAM and when I booted up, the monitor wouldn't receive any signal...I currently cannot access my BIOS to make any necessary changes and I wouldn't know what to change anyway.

I've tried numerous times to clear the CMOS and I still can't get the monitor to turn on.

Unfortunately, i got the same problem as you...how can we go?
Anyone can help us?!!!!!!!!!!

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: 06-July-05, 20:55:27 »

kstatix & start

this is a Good Article, if you have a problem and want help you should both start your own topics in the relevant forums. read the stickies, read Suggestions on posting and getting Better Answers, post full hardware details and full description of your problem.
Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

Wonkanoby

• Lightning
« Reply #12 on: 03-October-05, 15:19:02 »

newer nforce 2 boards

[nForce]: ***Starting your K7N2 Delta2 at default settings***
« on: 19 October 2004, 11:54:07 am »       

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As some of you will be aware there is no safe mode jumper J10 on the K7N2 Delta2 series of boards. This has been replaced by the "insert" key method as used by Abit and Epox. To start your board at its default settings following an unsuccessful overclocking attempt you need to do the following using a ps2 keyboard. Turn off your machine and disconnect from the mains or turn off the switch on the back of the power supply. Press the front panel power switch several times to discharge any charge remaining in the power supply capacitors. Reconnect the power by plugging into wall socket or turning on psu power switch. Press and hold down "insert" on the keyboard and press the case front panel power switch. If you are successful it should start the cpu and memory at 100Mhz FSB. If it does press "delete" to reenter the bios to change your settings to known safe settings. Good luck.
P5Q Deluxe
Intel QX 6700
4GB OCZ
60 GB Vertex drive
ATI 5850

EoceneVoid

« Reply #13 on: 01-December-05, 09:48:39 »

my bios when crazy, it dont show anything on the screen. After several perhaps more than 20 reset it go to a MSDOS like environment and ask for the bios floopy... someone told me that it is the cmos battery that causing this problem

stifo

« Reply #14 on: 21-March-06, 13:13:37 »

Unfortunately, i got the same problem as you...how can we go?
Anyone can help us?!!!!!!!!!!

I have the same problem. It shows no signal on boot and later out of range. then windows starts normaly and windows logon screen is the first screen which is displayed.

Tiresmoke

« Reply #15 on: 21-March-06, 14:38:52 »

Maybe... Post a topic in the proper area with details and specs. This is not an appropriate area to ask most tech questions as this is about info only here.

dmcomputerguy

« Reply #16 on: 02-November-06, 17:04:23 »

newer nforce 2 boards

[nForce]: ***Starting your K7N2 Delta2 at default settings***
« on: 19 October 2004, 11:54:07 am »       

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As some of you will be aware there is no safe mode jumper J10 on the K7N2 Delta2 series of boards. This has been replaced by the "insert" key method as used by Abit and Epox. To start your board at its default settings following an unsuccessful overclocking attempt you need to do the following using a ps2 keyboard. Turn off your machine and disconnect from the mains or turn off the switch on the back of the power supply. Press the front panel power switch several times to discharge any charge remaining in the power supply capacitors. Reconnect the power by plugging into wall socket or turning on psu power switch. Press and hold down "insert" on the keyboard and press the case front panel power switch. If you are successful it should start the cpu and memory at 100Mhz FSB. If it does press "delete" to reenter the bios to change your settings to known safe settings. Good luck.

I tried this and it did not work. A moderator (sorry, don't remember who) suggested that I press the key many times instead of holding it down. That worked for me. Try both ways before giving up.

Note that the "psu power switch" that is referred to is the switch on the back of the case, on the power supply. It is NOT the switch on the front of the case. The wording above is completely correct, but still some people have misintrepreted it because they didn't realize there is a switch on the back of most power supplies.

This is an excellect post, it sure saved me. I didn't see anything about this procedure in the manual. Thank you, everyone who helped on this.

leej

• Winki
« Reply #17 on: 09-February-09, 22:22:59 »

on my motherboard the JABT1 is a giant watch battery i have taken this out but made no difference
my board is ms-7364 v 1.1 any ideas on other options

Mike

• aka Frankenputer
  • Power Edition
  • Virginia, USA
« Reply #18 on: 10-February-09, 06:02:15 »

Read the manual, page 7.

Clear CMOS Jumper: JBAT1
There is a CMOS RAM onboard that has a power supply
from an external battery to keep the data of system
configuration. With the CMOS RAM, the system can
automatically boot OS every time it is turned on. If you want
to clear the system configuration, set the jumper to clear
data.

Important:
You can clear CMOS by shorting 2-3 pin while the system is off. Then return to 1-2 pin
position. Avoid clearing the CMOS while the system is on; it will damage the mainboard.
#1:
MSI X38 Diamond/Bios 1.5; Core2Duo E8400 3.0Ghz; Thermalright Ultima-90HS/120 fan; 2X1GB DDR3 CorsairTWIN3X2048-1333C9DHXG; PIONEER|DVR-215DBK SATA DVD-DL & Lite-on DVD-ROM PATA; FDD; MSI 260GTX-T2D896; 196.34beta; Seagate 320GB  & WD 500GB SATA HDDs; PC P&C Silencer 750 +3.3V/24A~+5V/30A~+12V/60A; X-FI Xtreme PCIe; Antec P182 Case; XP PRO SP3

#2:
MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS Platinum/Bios 3.A; P4 2.8C HT; Thermalright XP-90HS; 2GB DDR400 RAM(2x1GB kit Mushkin HP3200 2-3-2-6); Nec ND-3550A DVD-DL & TDK 52X24X48 CD-RW; FDD; Nvidia GeForce 7800GS; 84.21; Maxtor 200GB & Seagate 200GB PATA HDDs; Enermax 465P VE-FMA +3.3V/35A~+5V/35A~+12V/33A; Audigy 2ZS; XP PRO SP3
Dell 2209WA LCD on a DVI KVM switch

MSI Wind U100

quando

• Neo
« Reply #19 on: 30-May-09, 13:01:40 »

Can someone please tell me where I can find the CMOS jumper or the CMOS button on my U100?

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #20 on: 30-May-09, 13:27:02 »

Can someone please tell me where I can find the CMOS jumper or the CMOS button on my U100?

For notebooks you don't need to do that.
After flash do:
EC Reset ==> http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=112416.0
then enter in BIOS and 'Load BIOS Default', followed by 'Save and Exit'

raisethe3

• Military Class
  • THE MSI HEAD
« Reply #21 on: 05-June-09, 05:31:48 »

Also don't forget that some mobo have the clear cmos button on the inside of the mainboard.
MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum
AMD 64 X2 5600+ @ 3.0Ghz O'CD
Bios Version 3.5 (10/08/2009)
2X 2 GB Corsair RAM 4-4-4-12  800 MHZ
EVGA 8800GT 512MB DDR3
16X DVD+/- RW Dual Layer
Corsair 650TX Watts PSU

eagle2

• Afterburner
« Reply #22 on: 12-November-09, 18:10:59 »

Trying to use 3GB Ram

Yes it would be nice to know what sort of ram it is. Like did you just buy 3 sticks of 1GB(if so from whom and what's on the label) or have you added to existing memory? As already stated mixing modules is not a good idea, particularly on nForce2 boards.

It's usually a good idea to test modules individually using a memtest boot disk. I hope a cmos clear sorts it out.

Also give details of power supply since increasing memory size will loa

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: 12-November-09, 20:00:30 »

eagle2,

This topic is not for troubleshooting individuals problems, they should start their own new topic for further assistance. Please do not encourage discussion in this topic!

nogie88

• Neo
« Reply #24 on: 13-April-10, 19:25:20 »

hey, I had a problem with my fan speed control... I did the CMOS thing, and then the problem was over! but now the weird part: when i reboot my fans go to max speed again! what do I need to do?

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: 13-April-10, 19:34:39 »

what do I need to do?

You need to read the >>Posting Guide<< and then start a new topic in the correct area of the forum, explaining your problem and hardware in detail, this Good Article is not for troubleshooting individual problems.

benedekpeter

• Neo
« Reply #26 on: 14-September-10, 10:58:24 »

Hello,
on the "how to clear the CMOS" video it's showing also to remove the BIOS battery for a few seconds after moving the CMOS jumper to clear position and back.
But in the text description under the video the BIOS battery removal step is not written, only the CMOS jumper move.
So should I also move out and back the BIOS battery as well, or doing the CMOS jumper step is enough ?
My motherboard is a P55-GD65 (MS-7583) ver.1.0., and the user manual is only talking about the CMOS jumper, nothing about the BIOS battery.
Thank you

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: 14-September-10, 19:48:24 »

You only need to move the jumper.

Bernhard

• Support the MSI Red Rockets Team Members 나는 한국을 사랑
  • HydroGen
  • Read the user manual first. Properly
« Reply #28 on: 23-October-11, 06:36:04 »

With the Sandy Bridge boards and even some 1366 socket boards it has been found that removing the battery for a while is the only way to achieve a full CMOS clear.
1.MSI Z77A-GD65 BIOS10.6B7;i7-3770K@4,5GHz;Noctua NH-C14; Win7-64; Corsair 4X4Gb CML16GX3M4A2133C11B; CorsairTX650; Corsair Neutron 256GB SSD;MSI GTX660Ti PE; ST1000GB;WD300V-R;SonyDVD; Open Test bench.

Testing an Asrock board with i5-4670

"veni vedi doctus"
MSI 미친

Ex Forum Mod

• Hawk
« Reply #29 on: 23-October-11, 06:42:56 »

See my edit to OP.

gvrednas

• Easy OC
« Reply #30 on: 05-January-12, 20:30:27 »

I'm going to flash the bios in my notebook GT780. Part of the procedure (at the end of the flash) is to clear the CMOS, but how i guess everything written in this topic applies to normal PC motherboards only? How to clear the CMOS in a notebook?

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk
« Reply #31 on: 05-January-12, 22:21:00 »

You are not supposed to do that, as the forum-flasher does that after flash.

>>Use the MSI HQ Forum USB flasher<<

gvrednas

• Easy OC
« Reply #32 on: 05-January-12, 22:50:38 »

You are not supposed to do that, as the forum-flasher does that after flash.

>>Use the MSI HQ Forum USB flasher<<
I don't understand this. The manual says:
'The flash itself will only take a couple of seconds (20-30s at the most).  If the flashing is successfully completed, shutdown the system and clear CMOS with main A/C power cable removed from PSU.  Read the >>Clear CMOS Guide<< for further information. After clearing CMOS you have completed the BIOS-Flash'
So this implies that I should do something myself?

Sorry for whining a bit, but for me flashing the BIOS is somewhat scary so I try to find out exactly what to do...

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk
« Reply #33 on: 05-January-12, 23:30:42 »

Manual = MSI talking.
HQ Flasher = We MSI HQ forum users talking.

Take your pick, we have created a tool after about 12 years of watching users kill their machines. (and this it not just MSI where it happens, but still MSI ignores us on this matter)

Read my link, as you didn't, else you would not ask this question.

Our tool doesn't flash at all UNLESS it's very sure it CAN flash.

Beware a bad flash = dead system!

So stop whining and start reading the link.

gvrednas

• Easy OC
« Reply #34 on: 22-January-12, 15:38:27 »

Manual = MSI talking.
HQ Flasher = We MSI HQ forum users talking.
With 'manual' I meant your link that describes how to use the HQ flasher tool

Read my link, as you didn't, else you would not ask this question.
Sorry, but I did read your link a couple of times! The quote orginates from your link! (chapter 5.3). And your links refers to this topic for more  information how to clear the CMOS. Maybe I have not enough knowledge about this topic or it is my English that isn't sufficient, but I still don't understand it.
« Last Edit: 22-January-12, 15:45:18 by gvrednas »

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk
« Reply #35 on: 24-January-12, 15:42:46 »

Then get help from somebody who does understand it.
We explained it in great detail even with pictures.
Nothing more we can do.

boskis

• Neo
« Reply #36 on: 27-January-12, 21:04:57 »

I can not find any way to clear comos in tablet msi windpad 110w
Help me, please!

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: 27-January-12, 21:35:02 »

There isn't a way I know of, without disassembling the unit? Why do you need to clear the CMOS?

boskis

• Neo
« Reply #38 on: 27-January-12, 21:54:49 »

Disassembling isn't a problem. What's next? :)
« Last Edit: 27-January-12, 22:16:52 by boskis »

Wonkanoby

• Lightning
« Reply #39 on: 29-January-12, 10:27:46 »

take the cmos battery out
P5Q Deluxe
Intel QX 6700
4GB OCZ
60 GB Vertex drive
ATI 5850

boskis

• Neo
« Reply #40 on: 29-January-12, 12:10:35 »

1 day without accum and cmos battery - no effect :(

Jack

• Ex Forum moderator
  • Power Edition
    • A user initiative by MSI fanatics to support all other MSI product users
« Reply #41 on: 29-January-12, 12:20:56 »

Please start your own topic and describe your actual problem.  Please do not write any more replies in this thread. Thank you.

jabvasquez

• Neo
« Reply #42 on: 02-May-12, 13:39:20 »

Whenever i turn on my MSI notebook cr420 the boot process doesn't continue and there appear a message that goes like this, " recommended repair" but nothing happens...so what i am doing is press the F1 upon boot-up and the boot-up process works normally. How can i fix this problem or what is/are possible cause/s of this...Youe help will be highly appreciated...Godd Day and God Bless!

joseph

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: 02-May-12, 21:39:49 »

jabvasquez,

Please read the >>Posting Guide<< and then start your own new topic in the correct area of the forum, describing your problem in detail, then we can assist you.

alexi9307

• Neo
« Reply #44 on: 29-July-12, 05:47:49 »

Does this procedure reset the BIOS password? I have a MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 and I forgot my BIOS password. If this doesn't work, is there any way to reset it? Thanks!

zefie

• Easy OC
« Reply #45 on: 23-March-13, 10:03:13 »

On my Z77A-G45 (Ivy Bridge), I've found that to get a full CMOS reset (clear time and date) a special combination of both methods are required. I've tested a few times and found the following to work 100% of the time:

Please read each step carefully, same as the original post. As with the original post, I, nor this forum can be held responsible if you damage your system.
However, I have tested this 5 times on my MSI Z77A-G45 (each time, I'd set the time to something random so that I knew the time was being reset).
Do not skip any steps!

Step 1:
Disconnect the main AC power by either shutting off the power switch on the back of your power supply or simply pulling out the power cable.

Step2:
With Power supply switched OFF or Disconnected, press power as if you were going to power up the board.
For my specific board and case, it will wait about 2-5 seconds then try to turn on, lighting up the power LED. This LED then slowly fades off.
Wait at least 20 seconds after pressing power before proceeding to step 3.

Step3:
Remove the CMOS battery

Step 4:
This part is a little tricky, as you will need a jumper, possibly from another device.
MSI does not provide any with the Z77A-G45, as they are not required for everyday usage, and JBAT1 is only 2 pins, which are to be unbridged during normal usage.

Bridge JBAT1 by placing the jumper on the 2 pins.

Step 5:
While the jumper is on JBAT1, press and hold the clear CMOS button on the back of the I/O panel for 10 seconds
(I've found 10 seconds to be the most reliable. 3 seconds only reset the date and time once out of 3 tests, where 10 seconds worked 5 times out of 5).

Step 6:
After 10 seconds, release the button, and remove the jumper from JBAT1. Do not forget this!

Step 7:
Replace CMOS Battery

Step 8:
Switch on or plug power supply back in, and start up your system. You will get the "Press F1 to enter setup", and your time should be set to 00:00.

Summary:
On my MSI Z77A-G45, I've found I had to use both JBAT1 and the reset button to get a full clear.

Notes:
This wipes all the settings, and the date & time, but does not seem to wipe the "Overclocking Profiles".

Also, regarding step 4, you may be thinking that you can just short JBAT1 with anything conductive (such as a small flat head screwdriver). Technically you could do step 4 without a jumper.
However, I would not recommend this because it may be difficult to short the pins AND hold the reset button simultaneously. Your hand may slip in the process, and could damage the board.
« Last Edit: 23-March-13, 10:15:21 by zefie »

Froggy Gremlin

• Power Edition
« Reply #46 on: 23-March-13, 10:37:11 »

A number of procedure changes in the past ten years since this sticky was first posted. I always remove the PSU power cord, discharge the system, remove the battery, then clear CMOS using the button at the I/O plate. Some use the 'jumper' method, but I never have.

Date and time needing a reset is assurance the CMOS has been 'fully' cleared.

Life Is Very Good Without Any Win 8/8.1, SSD's, RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

TerminusAvid

• Neo
« Reply #47 on: 27-March-13, 06:35:25 »

Thanks SVET, zefie, and Froggy Gremlin for posting this information! As an avid computer geek with an MS in engineering you would think this process was very simple and easy to do but after reading through this thread I realized that I've never actually properly cleared the CMOS on my Z77A-GD65 (despite two BIOS updates)! Of course after each flash I assumed I was clearing the CMOS (physically unplugged my PSU, pushed on-board PWR button to fully release energy from components, waited at least 30s, and pushed the I/O backpanel Clear CMOS button [but only for approx 2s]). Although I assumed I was clearing the CMOS (because I followed the owners manual not to mention the basic process I've always used for clearing the CMOS on motherboards) my clock/date was never reset - although all my BIOS settings went to default!
Unfortunately I've got an SLI setup currently that is watercooled so removing the battery and shorting the JBAT1 pins is all but impossible without removing my cards which will be a massive PITA! In anycase thanks guys for posting this information, at the very least I now know what I need to do!
Board: MSI Z77A-GD65
BIOS: Version 10.8
VGA: SLI Evga GTX680 (2680-KE)
PSU: Corsairs AX 760i (Single 12v Rail @ 63.7a)
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K LGA 1155 3.5Ghz (3.9Ghz Turbo Boost)
MEM: Team Xtreem 2400C9 2x4gb TXD38192M2400HC9NDC-L
HDD: Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240Gb SSD FW 5.0.4
COOLER: Custom H2O (CPU and GPU's in single loop w/360 Rad)
OC: 4.2Ghz (Turbo Disabled) 1.175v RAM: 2400Mhz C9 1T 1.654vDMM

notarat

• Winki
« Reply #48 on: 05-April-13, 16:25:58 »

Nothing personal to those who took the time and effort to write much of these how-to's, but some of them could really stand to be updated or re-written with an eye towards wording them in a way that non-computer-literate people can understand.

Since I basically do this for a living, I'd be happy to take this task and run with it. If this is agreeable, some admin type can shoot me a PM and I can get started on it this weekend.

Pages: [1]   Go Up