Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 【MSI PRO MOD - S3】Spy Vs Spy V2.0  (Read 2239 times)

nickTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
【MSI PRO MOD - S3】Spy Vs Spy V2.0
« on: 02-November-15, 08:55:49 »

Hey guys Nick Blackwell here form Modders-Inc and Dirty South PC Mods. I thought I would throw my hat in for MSi Pro Mod Season 3. Thank you to MSi for hosting such an awesome series of competitions.
The name of my entry is Spy vs Spy V2.0  It's mainly a Black and White with just a little bit of Red for high contrast. This time it will be a single system with a Dual loop, featuring the new Monsoon MMRS res. 99% of the work will be done by myself a very tiny bit (accent pieces) will be done by V1 Tech.

The Following was obtained from the History section of the Spy vs Spy Headquarters.

Simple yet meaningful is one way to describe the wordless black and white comic strip that makes up Spy vs. Spy. The cartoon created in 1960 by Antonio Prohías, depicts the antics of two distinctly different yet similar spies who try to get the best of each other with clever yet strange schemes of espionage and deception.

Published in Mad magazine since 1961, Prohías began working on Spy vs. Spy in Cuban, but fled to the United States in 1960 just days before Fidel Castro took over the last Cuban free press.  When Prohías came to the United States he knew almost no English, but Mad magazine readers and editors quick accepted him and loved his work.
Before he got the job at Mad, he worked in Queens at a clothing factory by day and drew by night in his cramped apartment.  His earlier works “Erizo,” “Oveja Negra,” “El Hombre Siniestro,” and “Tovarich” would not work in his new country where the idea of communism was not as prevalent or well taken by pleasure readers. In Cuba if you were not a supporter of Castro you were considered a spy, and this is where he got the idea.  Prohías considered himself a spy and thus the idea was born.

Prohías submitted his rough pencil concept and design sketches to MAD’s editors on normal 8.5 x 11 paper and would latter redraw the entire carton twice the size for reproduction  in the magazine.  He would go through the comic strip with pain staking detail and make sure all edges and lines were detailed in his dark bold pen and would almost never ink over his pencil drawings.

Spy vs. Spy is now a national icon, symbolic of the Cold War representing good and evil and the struggle for equilibrium.  Prohías would stealthily sign each of his Spy vs. Spy cartoons under the title panel, in Morse code, which spelled out the words "by prohias."  This is one of the most overlooked details in his work.

Antonio Prohías passed away February 24, 1998.  His masterpiece concept of the two spies battling it out lives on in the continuing work done by his successor Peter Kuper.

This build is brought to you by the awesome folks at.

Specs
Msi M Power Z87
Intel i5 4670K
8 Gb of G. Skill 2133 DDR3
GPU??
PSU??
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Thermaltake Fittings / Tubing
Monsoon MMRS x2
Thermaltake Riing Fans

Ok the case is going to be reversed and rotated 90deg to sit on the side that is regularly known as the left side panel. So that when you look into the case the mother board is upside down and on the right side. There will be a window on the side and on the top so you can see in from two sides. The floor will be mirrored to give the illusion of it being much larger than it is. Everything will be a alternating Black/White only the fluid in the lines will be Red.

First up I need to mock up the placement of the radiators, as I need to make a mount that rotates the PSU 90deg allowing me to keep to both Radiators.

I went ahead and made a new motherboard/mid-plate out of 3/16" thick acrylic.

The old PSU mounts have been cut out.

This is the new PSU mount I just need to make the cut out and paint it White.

That's about as close as your going to get.

after a little bit of paint we have a perfect fit.

Dirty South PC Mods

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: 【MSI PRO MOD - S3】Spy Vs Spy V2.0
« Reply #1 on: 18-November-15, 07:02:57 »

Due to circumstances beyond my control this project can not be completed at this time. Good luck to the rest of the competitors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up