Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 【MSI PRO MOD – S5: Casemod】 Master of Ice by Technology and Gaming  (Read 2216 times)

ecoo997Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Hey Guys.

My name is Ethan Cooper aka Technology and Gaming from Australia!

My Master of Ice build will be built in the CoolerMaster MasterCase 3 and is supported by the following companies

CoolerMaster
MSi
AMD
Alphacool
Samsung
Apacer
Seagate

The plan is to create an elegant PC that keeps the original shape of the MasterCase 3 but white out the case completely and throw the side panel in the bin to replace it with a custom made reservoir (No CNC)

Find my work here
https://www.facebook.com/TAGmods/
www.technologyandgaming.com.au
Instagram & Twitter: @tagmods

ecoo997Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Specs are as follow! + before shots of all the hardware

CASE: CoolerMaster MasterCase 3

MOBO: MSi B350 Artic Thomohawk 

GPU: Dual MSi 580s

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X

RAM: 32GB Apacer Panther
SSD: 2 x 250gb Apacer Armor

m.2: 1tb Samsung 960 Evo

HDD: 4tb Seagate Barracuda

PSU: CoolerMaster MasterWatt 1200

FANS: 5 CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro 120

COOLING: Alphacool CPU block, pump. tubing and fittings. 

RES: Custom made (One in pc wasnt used)

ecoo997Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Started the process by making new front and top covers out of acrylic. Vinyl was laid down to mark where the snowflakes would go. The acrylic was then heated and i pressed a cookie cutter into it to create the indentations the cut outs were done with an exacto knife and the rest were painted

ecoo997Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

I then painted all the hardware to make it white!
This entailed painting the
- GPUS
- RAM
- CPU Block
- Making a cover for the HDD
- Painting MasterFans White
- Painting Case White
- Painting the Rad

Once everything was whited out I laid down the vinyl for the sponsor logos and speckles the case in a baby blue paint.

This paint was also used as the accent colour for all the white hardware along with Silver to match the fittings

When painting the case itself i incorporated different finishes of paint. By that i mean that matt, satin and gloss white paint was used. In some spots combined with acetone to make the case look as if it were freezing.

ecoo997Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

With everything now the right colour its time to start pieceing it all together.

I then realised that i hadnt made a Power supply shroud so i whipped one up out of acrylic and speckled it with the same baby blue paint to cover the cables from the MasterWatt 1200

ecoo997Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

With the insides pretty much complete its time to work on the crown jewel for this build! The front side panel.

The entire side panel of this PC will be a reservoir!

Unfortunately i didnt actually stop to take photos during its creation as i was rather involved in the process. However ill do my best to talk through it.

Firstly I took 2 3mm sheets and a 6mm sheet of acrylic.
The 6mm sheet will be the core that holds the liquid with the 2 3mm panels being the front and back.

Next I cut out the iceicles and the middle of the 6mm piece of acrylic.

Lining a 3mm and 6mm panel up i placed it on the case to mark where the fittings should go. 1 in fitting and 1 out. I then drilled and tapped these holes with a G1/4 Tap.

Now to fused the panels! Since i dont have a CNC machine to make a oring trail i went with permanantly affixing the panels together with acrylic solvent. This actually melts the surfaces of acrylic to where its applied causing all 3 pieces to become 1!

4 velcro tabs hold the panel to the case whilst Quick disconnect fittings allow the side panel to be removed with ease so the case can still be worked on.

ecoo997Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

And it is Finished!
Huge thanks to all my sponsors!

Pages: [1]   Go Up