Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Force GC20 problem  (Read 3214 times)

DSD27Topic starter

• CORPORAL
  • Violinist and PC Gamer :)
    • Steam
MSI Force GC20 problem
« on: 25-May-18, 10:53:42 »

I'm having a problem using this controller, it's fine but after a while it starts malfunctioning and I have to reconnect it. What happens is, after a while, the analog sticks won't input full capacity. Like, in AC Origins, you will run as if you only were only pushing the analog stick a little bit and not fully until the end, you will walk instead of running. The only way to fix this is buy removing the USB cable and putting it back again, it will be fine for some time but then the problem comes back.
What can be causing this? Anyone else having this issue? I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

mark-little

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: MSI Force GC20 problem
« Reply #1 on: 06-June-18, 23:49:25 »

I have exactly the same issue with the joy stick - can't get it to go all the way up. Uninstalled the device and drivers, but last for a few minutes then goes back to the same issue. Running on Windows 10, 64 bit.

Games played - Mad Max, Alien Isolation

shauss

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 20-July-18, 07:23:23 »

Hey,

Also running on Windows 10, 64 bit.
I have the exact same problem. Except that my controller ended being completely unusable since the left stick wouldn't work even after unplug/replug after a while.
I first thought it was a hardware problem so as my pad was still under warranty I've been able to get a new one.

Guess what ? The new one ended like the first :(

I also noticed that while using it, my controller makes some strange noises (like when we are under a high-voltage line...).

Is it a driver problem ? Will there be a driver update or something ? Or is it bigger issue impacting the whole production of these controllers ?

Looking forward for some feedback !

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #3 on: 22-August-18, 09:38:39 »

I can report the same issue here.
Windows 10 64bit
Dark Souls 3; Divinity: Original Sin 2

The "UP" movement on left joystick gets numb and you can tell the output doesn't reach the top of the axis, although you're pushing it physically all the way to the top.
I check outputs before playing - pushing the stick all the way up shows 1.0 on the axis. When the error occurs, I check and it goes to 0.7, leaving me to crawl through the games.
I calibrate using the Windows utility and it works again for a few minutes.

Weird thing is, I'm using two of the controllers and only one of them does this.

MSI, please help? I love these controllers.

DSD27Topic starter

• CORPORAL
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: 14-December-18, 08:18:32 »

I can report the same issue here. Windows 10 64bit Dark Souls 3; Divinity: Original Sin 2 The "UP" movement on left joystick gets numb and you can tell the output doesn't reach the top of the axis, although you're pushing it physically all the way to the top. I check outputs before playing - pushing the stick all the way up shows 1.0 on the axis. When the error occurs, I check and it goes to 0.7, leaving me to crawl through the games. I calibrate using the Windows utility and it works again for a few minutes. Weird thing is, I'm using two of the controllers and only one of them does this. MSI, please help? I love these controllers.

Exactly, @00253 ...
No updates on this?

MSI in a nutshell, should have learned my lesson by the time I bought the controller. I thought "it's only a controller" they must have done it right... Wrong.

plutomate

• MAJOR GENERAL
« Reply #5 on: 19-December-18, 05:21:00 »

just wondering if only UP movement is affected? and does it start from the beginning for everyone?

joseph_mc_laughlin

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 19-January-19, 07:55:47 »

Hi has anyone had problems with the buttons on the GC20?
I have noticed they seem to be poorly mapped like on rocket league A is the acceleration instead of RT!
On AC Black Flag X is A, Y is X, B is god knows what!
And most of the others dont match up either!

plutomate

• MAJOR GENERAL
« Reply #7 on: 20-January-19, 19:23:02 »

what do you mean? isn't that something you can change by yourself in the game settings?

hillclimbruacinglikno

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #8 on: 01-February-19, 16:26:00 »

I think its problem with your game settings :undecided:

goncalo.melo11

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #9 on: 14-February-19, 09:08:31 »

My controller also malfunctions, and has a slightly different problem regarding the analog stick: it's tilted very slightly to the left. It's barely noticeable during gameplay, until you go to a settings menu where there is a slider and you see it have a mind of its own. Is there a way to fix this?

DSD27Topic starter

• CORPORAL
    • Steam
« Reply #10 on: 13-April-19, 11:04:43 »

Still no fix for this. The controller works fine for 5 minutes then the mentoned left stick problem kicks in. Nothing was done by MSI, no driver, nothing. A product that malfunctions from day one. This is why I HATE MSI.

issadominique

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #11 on: 21-April-19, 04:48:08 »

has anyone found a solution on analog stick freezing problem ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up